Your Highness episode #7 – Subscription Boxes and Lifestyle Communities
In episode 7, we have some exciting things to announce! First, Morgan talks about the success of the Budtenders and Terpenes event. She also mentions the upcoming High Holiday Cannabis Gift Show, hosted by the Cannabis Women’s Alliance, which will be loaded with amazing opportunities to find unique gifts for loved ones. Next, we talk about the upcoming MJ Biz Conference, and how our good friend Leah D’Ambrosio of Baked Smart will be our representative at the event.
You can find Baked Smart at the conference by checking out booth #2524. Leah also kindly offered our listeners the chance to win $25 of Sconed toffee, by sharing this episode on Twitter, with #yourhighnesspodcast. You can find previous episodes on Podbean, Itunes, or Stitcher.
In the news:
- Florida couple receives 65 pounds of cannabis in Amazon shipment
- Los Angeles is focusing on helping marginalized communities benefit from legalization
- Eastern Washington cannabis farmers are being shut down and are devastated
- Recent study shows cannabis users are having more sex
- Seed to sale software delay burdens Washington’s cannabis industry
We talk about recent headlines surrounding Insys Therapeutics, and the potential damage this drug company has done to the cannabis industry. In addition to providing the biggest donation to anti-legalization efforts, this company is working on a synthetic version of THC.
- Our first guest is Eliza Maroney, co-founder of Lucky Box Club and cannabis activist. Eliza talks about the inspiration behind the subscription boxes, and the extensive review process that factors into all product selections. Eliza talks about getting started in the industry, with some great advice for those in a similar position. In addition to the great advice, Eliza generously offered a special for eligible new subscribers of Lucky Box Club: a free edible or 1/8th, by mentioning the offer in the note section of the application.
- Next, we have Katie Pringle, co-founder of Cannabis Communications, Marigold PR, and Canndora. Katie explains the concept behind Canndora, and talks about how influencers can become Ambassadors for the lifestyle community. Katie also talks about marketing struggles those in cannabis face specifically, and how entrepreneurs in this industry are forced to wear multiple professional hats.
Until next time, if you have any questions about being interviewed or about sponsorship opportunities, you can reach us at yourhighnesspodcastATgmail.com. Thanks for spending your time with us!